Data Coordinating Center (DCC)
The Data Coordinating Center is based in the Biostatistics Department at the University of Washington and is led by Susanne May (contact PI), and Co-Investigators Ken Rice, Bruce Psaty, and Tim Thornton. Past leadership of the DCC has also included Bruce Weir (multiple PI) and Cathy Laurie (Program Manager). Our analytic and support staff are based in the Biostatistics Department and the Cardiovascular Health Research Unit. To reach the DCC administrators, please email email@example.com. Other DCC contacts can be found on the Key Contacts page.
The DCC currently has the following main activities:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the program. To facilitate interactions and learning, we maintain web-based collaboration tools and organize symposia and workshops.
- Coordinate activities across the sequencing centers and studies, including design and implementation of technical controls, tracking sequencing progress, and facilitating study registrations for dbGaP.
- Coordinate release of TOPMed molecular and phenotypic data into NIH-designated repositories, including through pre-curation of investigator-generated data files.
- Facilitate data access, data sharing, and publications through associated policies and procedures.
Previously, the DCC had the following additional activities:
- Establish phenotype-focused working groups, identify opportunities for cross-study analyses and harmonize phenotypic data accordingly.
- Provide analysis support for TOPMed working groups, including running genotype-phenotype association analyses, performing TOPMed freeze-wide WGS sample QC, and providing variant annotation resources and interpretation.
- Develop guidelines and methodology for rare variant analyses and perform analyses to assess the utility of various approaches.